- Scotch is really the only hard drink worth a damn--and best in very small doses. Also whiskey with an 'e' reminds me of Adrien English. I like it.
- Nobody visits the Orkneys in October, making it the dream destination for me. So raw. So lovely.
- I can and will run anywhere.
- The Scottish sun burns bright and close. The moon as well.
- Cheese is my favorite food group.
- I take a lot of photos of rocks.
- A new Scottish novella is planned for December 2016, tentatively titled The Pretender.
|Standing Stones Orkney. |
We chased the other tourists away with our hideously bad Scottish accents.
|Morning Run in Inverness.|
|Crossing from Orkney.|
|Inside a Clava Cairn.|
|Dizzy walk along the outer bailey at Stirling Castle.|
| Full moon. Church. Gravestones. Perfection.|
|Loch Ness, Urquhart Castle, and moi.|
|Kirkwall St. Magnus Cathedral at night.|